Friday, May 8, 2020

Day 47 of Sheltering In +

Thursday.

At Shane’s Lounge I blog about things I can’t on my main blog because I was daft enough to give my sister-in-law the info to find my main blog. 

So, my sister-in-law wrote a book. She’s been going “Live” on Facebook to drum up sales for her book and journals and crafty stuff on Etsy. She’s been pretty “out there” lately. By that I mean she’s very manic and dramatic. That’s the word I was looking for, dramatic. I really cringe when I watch any of her Facebook “Lives”. She never uses a script, not even an outline. Everything is off the cuff, lots of ‘ahh, umm, etc.”

Somehow she came up with this idea to do 9, one hour long Facebook Lives to read her book. So it’s like an audiobook live. She’s charging $5 per person, payable to her PayPal or Facebook. I tend to doubt her publisher would allow this because technically it could undermine book sales. When she’s talking about the live reading of her book she repeatedly says, it’s like and audiobook live and those audiobooks cost like $25. She says she’s going to read the book, and add some insight, some “antidotes” about some of the happenings described in the book. Of course she meant to say “anecdotes”. She said it at least twice that I heard, could have been more. I was flabbergasted. This woman who likes to portray herself as a lady who lunches, more superior than others, and she makes that type of grammatical error. Let’s just say it. She sounds ignorant. Part of me wants to message her and tell her what she said and the word she should have used, but that would be confrontational, and I don’t want to go there, but yet I do. I do because I want to show her she is not superior to me. That I’m not the uneducated oaf she thinks I am. But then why bother, it would get ugly fast, even if I approached in a genuine way. She would get indignant. Probably about something completely unrelated. It’s just the way I see her interact with other people that makes me feel that’s how it would go down.

Shane's Lounge ©2011-2020

No comments:

Post a Comment