Saturday, March 12, 2011

The post for another day...here it is...

So I heard about the school meeting. Turns out it lasted over 2 freakin' hours. Seriously? When I go to those things I'm in and out in an hour or less because that's the amount of time the teachers set aside for them. I respectful like that and I come prepared with a list of concerns and quickly address them as the school staff hits those topics. I'm still waiting for a callback for my separate meeting.

As to what's going on with you know who, the drama is about guardianship. He is all bent out of shape because I am to be listed as guardian and my ex partner is to be listed as alternate if anything should happen to me and I am not able to fulfill my duties as guardian. (Kind of like a beauty pageant runner up. Lol!) I believe the choices made are logical. My ex partner and I have been around since the onset of my daughter's illness and we spent the most amount of time with her and managed her medical care throughout. Also, my ex partner is a couple credits shy of a degree in psychology. I mean, you know who literally didn't see our daughter for 2 years because of an Order of Protection (OP), so you know who literally missed 2 years of her illness and has no clue about the day to day goings on with her illness. And the there is the obvious reason for not naming you know who...about a fox running the hen house. One of the other reasons is that you know who keeps talking about putting her in a group home. This is something that my ex partner and I are violently against. Group homes are nasty places where an impressionable, naive, immature person can learn all sorts of nasty things from the other group home residents. Stuff like drugs, alcohol, violence and sex. These places can be like the worst hospital in the area, which we have been lucky enough to avoid. Of course you know who had no idea how this group home would be paid for. Way to think things through!

You know who's big concern was about visitation. He wants it to continue beyond 18. I agree, unless we run into a situation of violating the OP. If that happens, I would of course take steps necessary to enforce the OP. The other concern you know who had was staying involved in her care. Meaning access to therapists, doctors and her progress. I told him that was easily resolved by having our daughter sign releases to give him access to these professionals.

This is causing me and our daughter unimaginable stress. I can see it in her and it is obvious. She is starting to do the ticks that are telltale signs that she he is having extreme anxiety. You know who is also complaining about the stress this issue is causing.

Yesterday text messages flew on the topic. My last message said that if you know who dropped the issue of fighting to be named alternate (which our daughter is very much against), that I would ensure visitation continues and that the appropriate releases would be signed. Also, in the event that I would not be able to fulfill my guardianship duties, my ex partner would file new guardianship papers with her as primary and name an alternate. That covers all bases, right? I figured that was an excellent bargain, don't you? Needless to say, I got no response. Maybe he's letting that marinate???

Criminy! I have enough stress in my life right now. I don't need someone manufacturing more stress.

Shane's Lounge ©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment