Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Can Spring Come Already?

This weather has my daughter in a downward spiral...that and her not taking her night time meds several times. Yes, the meds would do it alone, but the dark depressing weather has a hand in it too. For the past 2 days she has been insisting on going to the hospital. She's 18 years old now, it's not like it was before. She's subject to a 5150 now. 72 hour psychiatric evaluation...in the adult ward. Sure, they might put her in the adolescent unit...if they have the space. But typically when she's in a downward spiral (usually the same times of the year, when it's darker and more depressing weather), the adolescent wards are full.

She's really trying my patience. Yesterday she stayed home because she was vomiting. Her brother is on Spring Break this week, so he kept an eye on her. Today she went to school and my son went to a friend's house. He was supposed to be home shortly after she got home. Well...that turned not to be true. He still isn't home. Says his ride is bringing him at 9:30. I was working late and I had to race home. I had planned to see a friend who is in the hospital (I did that last night too), but no...I had to race home. And it wasn't just that I had to race home. She wouldn't frickin' answer a phone. With the way she was talking earlier, I wanted to talk to her and keep her on the phone, but she never answered. I was so close to dialing 911 I can't even tell you. Why didn't she answer the phone? Because she was in her room under the covers and pillows. Grrrr!

Shane's Lounge ©2011

No comments:

Post a Comment