Things have been really hopping since I started the new job. I also met a new girl. Last week...new job and new girl. Of course that's all wonderful, and we're both all giddy and goofy, so it's all good.
But...I knew at some point very soon I would have to tell my fwb. I knew it wouldn't go well, I was braced for being called everything in the book...and of course she didn't disappoint. I did it over the phone, because I believe that's more respectful than a text message (the way she typically broke up with me.) Even though she had repeated told me the week before I was supposed to be dating others, when it came down to it, I knew when I told her the "wb" was ending, I knew it would be ugly. She actually hung up on me. Then the nasty texts began. I was braced for the worst, and it was a good thing, because that's what I got. Always good to be prepared. I doubt the friendship will be salvaged this time, but I would be open to it if it were possible. I don't think anyone likes to lose a friend.
But in other news...I have renewed my friendship with the Cuban woman I dated when my fwb and I had our first break-up. She offered some good advice, just suck it up and be honest, be braced for the worst, but be open to continued friendship. So that's what I did. So in a sense I have lost a friend in my fwb, but now gained a friend in my former date. We talked for hours yesterday catching up. It was very nice.
I hope everyone has a great day. Be sure to stop by my main site and wish my daughter a happy 18th birthday.
Shane's Lounge ©2011
Good riddance. That is some weird stuff, Shane. You are better off without the head games.
ReplyDeleteHappy B-day to your daughter and apparently it's taken me forever and a day to figure out which account to use so I can leave comments.
ReplyDeleteHad to Google fwb. I *love* the internet. The answer is always Google. Any question I have can always be answered by Google.
Anyway, that's a drag that she got mean and nasty about it. I was never able to remain friends with former flames. For me, when it was over it was ovah.